The Two Oceans Whale Festival
celebrating its 22nd year as the only enviro-arts festival in South Africa, “puts the creatures of the deep on stage and under the spotlight alongside top performers and musicians from 20 to 24th September 2013
Hermanus, known as the best land-based whale watching destination in the world, plays host to thousands of visitors who flock to the seaside resort to enjoy the unique natural environment, watch the whales and revel in music, and African rhythms during the festival.
The Whales are always the star performers at the festival and will be joined on land by great food, quality crafters, sport events, kids entertainment and thousands of people celebrating Spring in the most beautiful place on earth - Hermanus
- The focus will be on the Endangered Species Marquee which will be educational and very entertaining with emphasis on the our marine big 5 and the plight of the Rhino. Our Market Square crafts, food and entertainment will remain and will include the Marine Big 5 Conservation Expo hosted by Dyer Island Conservation Trust.
- The Checkers Food Emporium will be housed in a 60m by 40m Marquee with celebrities entertaining visitors throughout the festival.
- The Whales & Wheels car show will take place on Saturday 6 October. The sports strand will take place throughout the festival as well as the second weekend and will include MTB races, half marathons, and three Old Harbour distance swims.
- The focus on our beautiful Southern Right whales will continue in Walker Bay all day long and the variety of events planned will keep the whole family entertained throughout the festival.
- The sports stand will take place throughout the festival and will include MTB races, half marathons, and a Harbour to Harbour swim.
- The focus on our beautiful Southern Right whales will continue to be seen in Walker Bay all day long.
The full programme of events is available from the Festival office.Enquires
: 028 313 0928 or email:
or visit www.whalefestival.co.za